Shopping for yourself is challenging enough, shopping for your family can be that much harder, especially when you’re looking for foods that are healthy and safe for everyone to eat. ShopWell can help you with that! Now you can add family members, set up a profile for each family member, and see how well foods meet all of your family members’ health goals as well as quickly screen foods for allergies and intolerances.
Here’s how it works:
- When you sign into the app, touch at the top to edit your profile.
- At the bottom of your profile screen you will see a category for Family Members.
- Click on Add Family Member. You’ll be prompted to enter your family member’s name. You can add more than one family member if needed.
- Once the new family member is added, click on their name to create their profile. You’ll be prompted to you set up Age & Gender, Goals, Wants, Don’t Wants, and Avoids.
- Be sure to click Save after setting up your family member’s profile.
Now when you are scanning or searching for products you can see how a particular product scores for you and your family members. On a product page, in the top right corner you’ll see your icon or profile picture. If you click on your profile icon you will see all of your family members listed. You can navigate between each of the family members by clicking on their name. When you click on a family member’s profile, ShopWell will show you a new score for a particular product based on your family member’s profile.
If a family member has an allergy or intolerance the Avoid symbol (white hand in a red circle) will appear in the top right corner by your profile image. If you click on that image you can see which family member needs to avoid that product. By clicking on that particular family member’s profile you can view the product page, what ingredients need to be avoided, and what are some alternatives that your family member can safely consume.
ShopWell is here to help you, and your family, discover new foods and make healthier choices at the grocery store. We hope you're as excited about the new family profile feature as much as we are!