Keep up with your health goals this holiday season and beyond. You don’t have to wait until New Years to start working on a new you!
- Create a new habit: instead of making resolutions once a year, try making them once a month or every week. This will help you stay on track and keep progressing. It’s like a to-do list for your own personal growth!
- A commitment to health is a commitment to yourself! Whatever your goals are, take the time to create strong commitments in your mind so it will be easier to overcome challenges that arise. Creating a plan and sticking to it will help you navigate through the holidays and beyond to keep up with your health goals.
- Make your goals visible. Post your goals somewhere that you see often, keep your athletic shoes by the front door, keep motivational quotes hanging around your house, and try joining a group to keep you accountable.
- Get motivated to get moving. Taking the first step is always the hardest one. Excuses are easy to make and hard to break, but once you get moving, momentum will carry you through. Let that feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction be motivation for the next steps!
- Keep it up! Start with small goals that are easy to accomplish. Instead of saying “I want to lose 50 pounds” try “I will add one more serving of fresh vegetables to my dinner every night.” Let your success with small goals be motivation to keep going!